Demand 2: Bias Incident Reporting
via community letter, Nov. 11, 2015: RESOLVED Fall, 2017
"The Bias Incident Reporting that Emory University has not been efficient because they have not thoroughly tended to the concerns of those who have used the reporting system. The microaggressions and macroaggressions that Black students experience which lead to our trauma should not be regarded for the sole purpose of data collection but should be taken seriously and met with the highest level of urgency and care. In order to demonstrate this urgency and care, we demand that the Bias Response Team email a personalized email to the reporter (the person who used the Bias Incident Reporting) within 1-2 days of a Bias Incident Report receipt. Also, we demand that the Bias Response Team send a personalized response (that includes action steps to take for self-care and details on how to properly sanction the offender to the reporter by the University administration) within one week of the Bias Incident Report receipt."
- Reporting process was reconfigured and made more transparent.
- 24-hour response time from when a student reports an incident was implemented.
- Bias incident report is published annually.
- Bias reporting structure instituted across Atlanta and Oxford campuses.
- Student users evaluate their experiences to ensure continuous improvement.
Updated: July 2020